Division 5 - (3rd/4th grade) Rules:
Players' Ages: 8 to 10 years old. Girls & Boys in 3rd and 4th grades
Players’ equipment: Jersey, shorts, soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer socks and #4 soccer ball.
Note: ABSOLUTELY NO JEWELRY
Format: 8 v. 8 including keeper on fields approximately 60 yds. x 40 yds with 6' x 18' goal
Game Fields: Joyce Kilmer or Commodore Perry- unless noted otherwise on schedule
Game Details: 15 minute quarters. 2 minutes between quarters, 5 minutes at half. #4 soccer ball
OT Rules: (playoffs only) Overtime Procedure: Conduct coin toss to determine which goal to attack in OT. Play one 5 min OT "sudden victory" period where first goal wins.
If no winner, move to kicks from the mark(PK) with best of 5. Conduct coin toss to determine who kicks first. If no winner after first 5 kicks, alternate back and forth with one kick each until winner
NO COACHES ALLOWED ON FIELD - NO EXCEPTIONS
Game Reports: Refs: Please complete Ref Report completely, detailing any problems or very positive experiences.
ALL REF REPORTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY NO LATER THAN SUNDAY NIGHT IN ORDER TO GET PROCESSED AND PAID. PLEASE EMAIL game reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
Div. Details Girls and Boys now play on Saturday. All games at Joyce Kilmer or Commodore Perry (unless noted otherwise on schedule)
- Refs: Explain Throw-ins, Free Kicks and Goalie Possession during team inspections.
- Remember: No jewelry, no exceptions!
- Refs: You might want to tell the coaches how you call handballs (and then be sure to call them and be consistent in your calls),If ball plays the hand, NO call, if hand plays the ball, MAKE the call.
- Remind coaches of the 7 goal rule. No one wants to be on the winning end or losing end of lopsided score. Coaches should be discreet and look to reduce number of players on field or other changes to keep the game from getting out of hand with scoring. WE are here to promote good sportsmanship and fair play.
- Throw-ins: Allow a "do over" through September and none toward end of season.
- Goal Keepers: If they go outside the box, remind them they must kick or throw the ball from inside the box
- Substitutions: Allowed on either team's thrown-ins AND goal kicks AND after a goal is scored
- Offside: Watch for players that are offside and blow your whistle to make the call if offside
- Note: Rules found in Northwest Bergen Soccer Association's Rules of Competition book apply. Please read and know them.
- ANY issues with coaches or parents, please call or email Dennis Burns at (201) 755-9500 or email@example.com
It is the referee's responsibility to evaluate the field conditions upon arrival at the field. Safety of the players is of utmost importance. If the field is unsafe or dangerous the ref will cancel the game and inform coaches of his/her decision. This is a referee decision, NOT the coach. If there is thunder/lightning, get the kids to safety and wait 30 minutes before you continue the game. As long as the field is playable, games should be played in the rain.