Division 6 - (1st/2nd Grade-Instructional) Rules:
Players' Ages: 7 to 8 years old. Girls & Boys in 1st/2nd grade
Players’ equipment: Jersey, shorts, soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer socks and #3 soccer ball.
Note: ABSOLUTELY NO JEWELRY
Format: 7 v. 7 including keeper on fields approximately 50yds. x 30yds with 6' x 12' goal
REMINDER: Division 6 is instructional and first time at "real" soccer. Explain to players when you blow your whistle and help them to understand proper throw-in, free kick, goal kick, etc.
Game Fields: Commodore Perry Field & Joyce Kilmer Field
Game Details: Four 8 minute quarters. 2 minutes between quarters, 5 minutes at half. #3 soccer ball is used
ONE COACH PER TEAM ALLOWED ON FIELD
Game Reports: Please complete Ref Report completely, detailing any problems or very positive experiences.
ALL REF REPORTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY NO LATER THAN SUNDAY NIGHT IN ORDER TO GET PROCESSED AND PAID. PLEASE EMAIL game reports to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to (201) 755-9500
Div. Details : Girls and Boys play on Saturday. Girls at Commodore Perry Field and Boys are at
Joyce Kilmer Field
- Refs: Explain Throw-ins, Free Kicks and Goalie Possession during team inspections.
- Remember: No jewelry, no exceptions!
- Refs: You might want to tell the coaches how you call handballs (and then be sure to call them and be consistent in your calls),If ball plays the hand, NO call, if hand plays the ball, MAKE the call.
- Remind coaches of the 7 goal rule. No one wants to be on the winning end or losing end of lopsided score. Coaches should be discreet and look to reduce number of players on field or other changes to keep the game from getting out of hand with scoring. WE are here to promote good sportsmanship and fair play.
- Throw-ins: Explain the proper way to conduct throw-in and Allow a "do over" ("W" on the ball, feet down, hands behind your head, one continuous motion to throw the ball)
- Goal Keepers: If they go outside the box, remind them they must kick or throw the ball from inside the box
- Substitutions: Allowed on either team's thrown-in, AND goal kicks, AND after a goal is scored
- Offside: Watch for players that are offside and blow your whistle to make the call if offside. Explain to them so they can learn how not to be offside. Tell them they need to stay in line with last defender
- Note: Rules found in Northwest Bergen Soccer Association's Rules of Competition book apply. Please read and know them.
- ANY issues with coaches or parents, please call or email Dennis Burns at (201) 755-9500 or email@example.com
It is the referee's responsibility to evaluate the field conditions upon arrival at the field. Safety of the players is of utmost importance. If the field is unsafe or dangerous the ref will cancel the game and inform coaches of his/her decision. This is a referee decision, NOT the coach. If there is thunder/lightning, get the kids to safety and wait 30 minutes before you continue the game. As long as the field is playable, games should be played in the rain.